18 Jun Ceiling Fan Selection Tips
Ceiling Fan Selection
Beat the heat this summer by installing a new ceiling fan in your home, but what things should you consider in your new ceiling fan selection?
A properly installed fan can compliment your air conditioner by letting it run less. This improves efficiency and is better for the environment -not to mention the money you save on energy bills. Ceiling fans can also be beneficial during the winter months -with a quick switch in direction, your fan will push the warmer air at the ceiling back down to spread throughout the room.
Another advantage to installing a ceiling fan is room decor. Put that finishing touch on your favorite room without sacrificing space for a floor standing or desk fan. With modern design and improved mechanics, your ceiling fan can become a feature of a room without being noisy or an eyesore. They are also safer for kids and pets.
In ceiling fan selection, there are 5 points to take into consideration:
- Blade Pitch -The wider the blade and higher the angle, the more air gets moved.
- Blade Finish -Make sure the factory has treated the blades with a moisture sealant to prevent wooden blades from warping and peeling, and metal blades from scratching and tarnishing.
- Motor Quality -Fans that come with motors with sealed and lubricated ball bearings require less maintenance, if any.
- Energy Star Rated -Energy Star-rated fans are 50% more efficient than conventional ones.
- Installation -This is very important when deciding where you want your fan located in your room as well as ensuring optimal efficiency. Watch our short 10-step installation video!